Welcome to the Hospital for the criminally insane.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Admins
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

SEASON
Latest topics
» Merle Crockett
Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:33 pm by Merle Crockett

» Celebrity Claim List
Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 pm by Merle Crockett

» All Alone (PG-13)
Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:46 am by Leo Cail

» Swimming always calms me down (+18) *May contain overaged language
Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:22 am by Letizia Summers

» Coke or Pepsi Challenge
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 am by Ebony Rogers

» The Name Chain
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:58 am by Ebony Rogers

» One Letter Change
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 am by Ebony Rogers

» Yes/No Game
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 am by Ebony Rogers

» Premonition
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:51 am by Ebony Rogers

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 23 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:38 pm
Affiliates
OUR BUTTON
Photobucket

OUR AFFILIATES
Photobucket

Share | 

Chart Connections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vanessa McAdams

PostSubject: Chart Connections   Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:36 pm

She'd been staring at the charts for the past twenty minutes and still they remained the same. It wasn't just the illegible writing, it was that the medication and the quantities seemed disproportionate and no notes had been written. She groaned, stomping rather ungracefully over to the phone and dialed up to floor five. She tapped her foot impatiently and ran a hand through her hair as she waited. "Hello? Thomas, hi! Look there's something wrong with the charts, can you send a nurse other than Jacobsen down within the next five minutes- yes I know. But Ella Simmons requires my urgent attention and I can't do that without a nurse down here to sort through her file." She explained, thankful that he could could not see her frustrated expression. She liked Thomas but she often got frustrated with him and his lack of understanding. "Thank you. I'll be in my office. I'll swing by your department later." She soothed, placing the phone down on the hook.

The day had been stressful so far, but not unpleasant. She enjoyed her work however demanding it was; but she just hated asking for help. In hindsight it was in her patients best interest to get it sorted quickly but it didn't make her feel any better. She stalked back to her desk and sat down int he plush leather swivel chair, shaking the mouse to 'wake up' the screen before keying in her password. As Vanessa waited for the screen to load she reflected on some of her sessions with her Ella. It was frustrating putting so much work in to only wind up back at square one; she took it somewhat personally each time but that was what gave her, her edge. She was passionate and determined about her patients and she wanted nothing more than to help them- it was her life's work. Vanessa felt so helpless, she hated failing; but she was stubborn and it only made her work harder.

The knock at the door made her jump and she stood up sharply, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath to regain her composure before hurrying across to the door. She forced a warm smile to her face before opening the door. "Hi, thank you for coming down so quickly." Vanessa trilled, beckoning the woman in. "I don't believe we've properly been introduced. Vanessa McAdams; please come in." She beamed, her eyes roaming the woman as she stepped back from the door to let the nurse in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia Gray

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Anastasia had been down in the pharmacy, going through each of the new files and examining their contents thoroughly to figure out what type of dosage each patient needed as well as the types of medications, when the phone to her left began to ring. She was completely engrossed in her task though, taking special care to pause between each patient file to scurry toward her endless supply of medications to see if she had everything in stock. They each had to have their daily dosages at the ready right away, and she was usually extremely punctual with it. She had what they needed hours before it was even requested, but that was because she enjoyed working efficiently. She liked the sense of accomplishment at having done her job to the best of her abilities. The phone had stopped ringing, but only for a mere seconds, before it's sharp trill could once again be heard echoing throughout the pharmacy. She flinched in surprise, blowing a stray piece of hair out of her eyes, as her attention glanced toward the phone. She was busy, of course, and if she continued to ignore the urgent tone, they'd get the hint. But she was never the type who would allow someone who needed her help to go without it, and so with a small exhale she hurried toward the phone. Her slender fingers wrapped around the device as she pulled it up toward her ear, cradling it between her face and her shoulder as she spoke. "Nurse Gray speaking, how may I help you?" Her voice was soft but pleasant as she closed up the file that had been in front of her, focusing on what was being said on the other line. Sure enough, her help was being requested by one of the doctors. "Oh, sure. I'll be there right away! You're welcome." She spoke to the person on the other line, saying her goodbyes before placing the phone back in it's place. She put the files back in alphabetical order before gently placing them beneath the counter, for she'd be back to finish them up sooner rather than later.

She pulled her long hair free from the elastic it had been in as she hurried toward the Doctor's office she'd been requested to, unsure of why they'd need her help. Maybe with another patient, in which case she shouldn't dillydally. Expertly she pulled her hair back up into the pony-tail it had been in, correcting any of the stray hairs that had once been falling into her face. They'd soon be back, but for the time being, she was content that the nuisances were gone. On her way to the office, she found herself wanting to check in on a couple of her patients. That was the type of person she was, always wanting to make sure she could do her job to the best of her ability. She was always on top of everything, but she knew she didn't have the time. Sighing as she passed by one of her particularly difficult patient's room, she allowed herself a single sneak peek in, only to see that the woman wasn't there. A quick look to her chart informed Ana that Leah was in therapy, just as she should have been.

She made it to the doctor's office relatively quick, and once there she composed herself for only a moment before bringing her fist up to the door, giving it a firm knock. She stood where she was, patiently waiting to be let in, when she didn't hear any voice calling out to her to waltz in on her own. She was only standing there for a matter of moments before the door was being pulled open, revealing a pretty blonde woman Ana vaguely recognized seeing around before. "Hello," She mused in response, giving a soft upturn of her lips at the thanks. "It's not a problem." She assured. She allowed herself to wander in now that she'd been beckoned, and her dark eyes fell upon the woman almost expectantly. "I don't believe we have; Anastasia Gray, pleasure to meet you." She said sincerely, offering a single hand out. The gesture was usually a bit too formal for Ana's taste, but she found it was necessary when meeting people around the hospital. All about professionalism. She paused for only a moment before speaking again. "What is it that I can help you with?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanessa McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:57 am

"And it's a pleasure to meet you also." Vanessa returned the sentiment, a wry smile tugging at her lips causing the corners of her mouth to twitch. The woman towered over Vanessa, but that was nothing unusual and not something she appreciated being underestimated for. Nonetheless she offered a smile and carefully pressed the door shut. "Thank you again, I appreciate that your time is valuable." Vanessa spoke warmly, leisurely making her way from the door across to the desk, picking up the files on the patient in question that lay open still - from where she had agonised over the detail prior to the Nurses entrance- before making her way across to the small leather couch slightly to the left of the office and sat down, taking her seat quickly. "Please, Anastasia?" She asked looking up, meeting the woman's soft brown eyes and gesturing to the seat beside her expectantly, it was not quick business she had requested the woman for and so she figured she might as well get comfortable.

"Nurse Jacobsen filled out these files but they make no sense. The measurement, quantities, alternative treatments. They aren't what I requested and I can't tell whether she got clearance elsewhere or she muddled them up with another patient." She began her finger ghosting the notes, pointing out where things had gone pearshaped. "We're lucky that the changes on this sheet have not yet reached your department so Ms. Simmons will have no adverse effect." She added quickly. That was the only thing keeping the woman calm at the moment. If this had slipped through her hands it would be a very different story. "...additionally Nurse Jacobsen left no notes, and there is her usual indecipherable scrawl in the margins." She explained keeping her voice light and airy to assure Anastasia that she was in no way blaming her, a bemused expression coated her features. "I understand that you would have administered medication to Ella Simmons during my brief absence; I was hoping you might be able to help me sift through her documentation, make sense of the changes in her medication - whether a mistake or otherwise- so I can understand better why they might have needed a re-evaluation... and if at all possible, help me to decipher some of Jacobsen's writing." She laughed, releasing a sigh she had not been aware she was holding. She felt annoyed that she would have to spend some of this day fixing someone else's error, but as Ella's doctor it was her responsibility to ensure everything was accounted for. She placed a light hand on her shoulder, lightly massaging the tension of the day away before handing Ella's file to Anastasia, taking the opportunity to take in the other woman's appearance. She fought her smile away and brushed her hair behind her ears; at least if she had to be in this office for the day she had something pretty to look at.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia Gray

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Ana kept her small smile easily in place as the formalities were reversed, even if part of her couldn't help but wonder if she were being mocked. Because after all, how could she truly know it was a pleasure when she hardly knew the woman standing before her? It was never really something she thought about when going through the introduction phase, and she decided it really wasn't that big of a deal. In the moments of silence that followed, Ana took a couple of seconds to get a feel for who she was dealing with. Vanessa was certainly a very pretty woman, but everything she had was the opposite of Ana. Light hair, light eyes, light skin tone, and she was a couple of inches shorter. While she had darker hair, darker eyes, a tanner complexion. She blinked only once to bring herself out of her thoughts when the woman spoke up again, and she again smiled, a careful action. "You're welcome, Doctor." She mused out of habit, before pausing and chuckling. She didn't really think of the fact that the woman might have preferred being called by her own name, but if that were the case, then she would just wait until she was corrected. She didn't want to over-step any boundaries she assumed she might have had. She respected her colleagues and the different levels of occupations they held, she would never underestimate or hold herself above anyone. She watched as Vanessa crossed the room and seated herself upon the small leather couch off to the left, before inviting her over. "Of course," she spoke, shifting the laptop she'd brought with her just in case patient's medications had to be looked up. She crossed the small distance and lightly took her own seat, crossing her legs as soon as she was comfortable.

Placing the laptop in her lap just in case it needed to be used, she turned her gaze attentively toward the blonde as she began to speak, laying out the problem. Her lips pursed when Nurse Jacobsen was brought up - not because the other nurse wasn't capable of doing her job. No, she was actually quite good at what she did; except when instances like these were brought up. It wasn't the first time Ana's assistance had been requested to decode a patient's file, and while she knew mistakes did happen, it was crucial that they didn't with the department she was in. One wrong medication, one wrong dosage, and the results could very well be lethal. Of course, she always administered what she was requested to, after doing her own little background check to be sure the Doctor's orders were up to par. She never wanted to be at fault for hurting someone's well-being, it was her job to provide the medicine they needed to be better, not worse. She nodded once, a quick jerk of her chin, in agreement. They were lucky Vanessa had caught the mistakes when she had. "I agree completely." She chuckled, her smirk a bit wry, when Jacobsen's scrawl was mentioned. "That damned handwriting of hers.." She mused half-jokingly with a small sigh. It was always causing trouble and misunderstandings to people who couldn't read it. Ana, on the other hand, had taught herself to interpret the messy chicken-scratch, mostly because she was around it so much. She couldn't always be hunting the other nurse down to ask what she had written. Once Vanessa finished speaking, Ana couldn't help but give her a small, somewhat amused smile. "Well, looks like you're in luck then," She began, tapping a random beat out on the top of the closed laptop. "I've been practicing the art of reading her scrawl for months now." Rolling her eyes with a chuckle, she gently took the file she was receiving. "I mean, someone, besides herself, has to know what she's talking about."

Ella Simmons. The name rung a bell to her as she slowly opened the file, her eyes intently beginning to examine it. She could feel Vanessa's gaze on her, but wasn't bothered by it; once she had a task at hand, she focused on it completely. Turning the file side-ways, she squinted a bit as the first of Jacobsen's scrawl became apparent. "Well, it says here that in your absence, Ms. Simmons frequently began refusing her medication, and when the matter was enforced, she became threatening and violent." She paused, her index finger trailing along the smudged mess in the margins as she began again. "So that would explain why this particular dosage was increased, to calm her down." She pointed, tapping the name of the tranquilizer medication as she glanced up toward Vanessa, then tilting the file toward the woman so she could get a better look. After a moment, she turned a couple of pages, looking for the reason why the second medication had been decreased. "Here it explains that the patient was frequently complaining of an upset stomach and a headache, which is the known side-effects for this medication," She again repeated the process, tapping on the name and holding it out to show Vanessa. "So my guess is that it was switched for one just like it to take it's place in order to eliminate those symptoms." She licked her lower lip slowly in concentration, looking up to Vanessa again. "Am I helping you out at all?" She was suddenly a bit wary, not knowing if she was providing the information the woman had been seeking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanessa McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Had Vanessa had any indication of what was passing through the nurses mind she would have been a bit surprised. It was not an intention of hers to mock another without a deserving cause, and as of yet Anastasia had yet to do anything good or bad to give her reason to. Vanessa listened to the tinkling of woman's laugh and found the noise rather peaceful to listen to, but after a few seconds her smile faltered slightly. All the nurses were so formal; granted it showed a degree of professionalism which she admired but it struck Vanessa odd that the woman had still chosen to address her as 'doctor', when she had chosen to address her by her first name. She tucked one leg gracefully behind the other and let the smile fall naturally from her lips. "Please, Vanessa is just fine." She said warmly her arm moving through the air in a gesture of nonchalance. She wouldn't even have minded if the woman had called her Nessa, things like that were of a trivial nature to the woman. She unlike some of the people she knew, had not studied for years just to be called a doctor, she had studied to help people and to qualify for a job she sorely wanted. The title just happened to come with it. She nodded as the woman took a seat beside her and subconciously inhaled, tasting the woman's scent as she made herself comfortable. It was an electric scent, one that took her a while to decipher before coming to a conclusion that it reminded her of spiced apples, but she let the errant thought float away just as quickly as it had established itself.

The stress Jacobsen had put on Vanessa's shoulder's since she'd began working here often lead the doctor to believe that she had a personal vendetta against her - but she knew the woman loved her work and would never risk her career like that. Still, the occurences were repetitive and it frustrated her no end. Anastasia's word caught her off guard and she was soon laughing. "Ah well, at least I know it's not just me seeing things now." She joked half-heartedly, warming to the younger woman instantly. Some of the nurses she'd worked with in the past had been so clique-y and kept to themselves so it was nice to be on level ground with the ones at Schilling Lane. She pushed a hand up to her head running her fingers through her hair and ruffling it as the woman spoke. "Brilliant! I'll be forever in your debt." She beamed, relief flooding through her as she realised, the, perfect nurse sat in front of her. She respected the work Jacobsen did but whoever got her for secret santa this year really ought to get her a certificate for calligraphy lessons, she was in dire need of them. Vanessa sniggered at the thought and turned her attention back to the tanned nurse in front of her. "I think you'll have to give me lessons on deciphering her script." She mused with a friendly smile, catching the younger woman's eyes she exhaled.

As the woman leafed through the various notes and files on the Simmons case, Vanessa took the chance to reach across to the small nearby table, her top riding up ever so slighty, and snag the notepad that sat their. She turned back just in time to hear the verdict. She nodded thoughtfully, digesting the information. Ella had been making such significant progress up until two weeks ago. It seemed like a downward spiral ever since; and it stung her each time Ella would crawl back into herself. She was barely talking now. She followed Anastasia's gaze and placed her fingers along the details on the page, their fingers brushing against each other. She jerked her hand back and offered an apologetic smile though she was not sorry at all. "No, this is wonderful stuff, exactly what I needed." She confirmed, whipping out the two pens that were hooked on her shirt. She placed the first one on her lap and grasping the second one pinned her hair up with it, a few tendrils falling loose. She smiled at the woman again and flipped the pad open, snatching the black pen from her lap and quickly jotted down what she had heard. She'd been slightly distracted when their hands had brushed and she wanted to make sure she got everything down - their would have been no point in requesting a nurse only to allow herself to forget all she'd learnt.

"Ok so let me check I've got this right. Ella has been refusing medication, she became violent when it was forced upon her, therefore explaining the increase in-" Vanessa squinted, trying desperately to indenity the drug. "...Aripiprazole." She beamed elated that she'd managed to work out Jacobsen's mish-mashed writing. "Ella began to experience side effects. Stomach upset and Cephalgia; so the medication was changed and the dosage lowered? Correct?" She asked, ready to make amendments to all the she had written which surprise, surprise was actually legible. Vanessa looked back down at the file and raised her eyebrow, still one thing didn't make sense. "Sorry could you tell me why Jacobsen suggested alternative therapy. Ella can't be moved to group therapy, especially considering her latest episodes... did Ms. SImmon express a desire to try group therapy?" She asked wondering, that would be madness - especially if she'd been experiencing violent episodes. That had to be a mistake. Or her eyes were reading it wrong. She felt sorry that Anastasia was having to leave her post to help her; but she was pleased to have some company. "I apologise for this, I hope I'm not keeping you from anything too important?" She ventured, tapping the pen against the length of her neck, watching the other woman with an arguably flirtatious smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia Gray

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:31 pm

Just as Ana had practically expected, she was corrected, in regards of what to call the doctor. Instead of becoming embarrassed about her obvious slip up, she only kept her natural smile, a slight upturn of her lightly glossed lips, in place. "I figured as much, but I didn't want to just assume," She explained with a small chuckle, her shoulders rising and falling in a small, nonchalant shrug. "Vanessa it is." The name rolled off her tongue easily, and she found that she actually quite liked being on first name basis with co-workers. She was as formal and professional as she was because it was in her job description, and because one could never know who it was alright to call by their first names, and who it wasn't. That was why she always called people she met by their titles, until it was suggested otherwise. That way, there was no stepping on anyone's toes when it came to being too personal or not, and everyone could be happy. She, on the other hand, didn't care what people called her upon first meeting her. Nurse Gray, Anastasia, or merely Ana, she wasn't bothered by any of the titles. She was quickly growing comfortable with Vanessa, she realized, although she wasn't sure why. She'd never before held an actual conversation with the woman, aside from greeting her from time to time when they passed in the hallways. Maybe it was how care-free and laid back she was, or maybe it was the friendliness in the way she spoke. Either way, Ana could admit didn't mind spending the time she was with the woman in her office, and that wasn't something she could say for every other one of her co-workers. Some drove her insane and she only forced politeness whenever they were around; only a handful of them were able to get a glimpse of the true Ana, and it seemed as if Vanessa was one of those people. She decided not to think too much into it for the moment being.

She found herself smiling warmly when Vanessa began to laugh, clearly caught a bit off guard by Ana's joking humor. It was nice to know that the blonde even had a sense of humor, because that wasn't something she could say for everyone. She disliked a person she couldn't joke around and have some fun with, overly-serious personality traits just offered little to no fun. What was so great about taking life seriously with all work and no play? She didn't see it, but she supposed that was just her opinion. Everyone's differed, she just didn't see what others did. "Nope, you're no longer alone," She replied quietly, eyes still trained on the file in front of her. She glanced up as Vanessa claimed she'd forever be in her debt, and her lips pulled back only for a moment to show one of her genuine smiles. "Oh, really? I can't help but enjoy the sound of that.." She mused, unaware of how her words might have had the ability of being misinterpreted as flirtatious and maybe even a little bit suggestive. Her gaze had lingered on Vanessa's for only a mere moment before it had drifted back to the open manila folder situated in her lap. She shifted her position slightly so that she was able to get more comfortable, biting down on her lower lip in thought. It was a habit she'd grown accustomed to over the years, one she hardly even realized she was doing anymore. Not unless someone pointed it out. Again she glanced up, catching Vanessa's gaze as the woman spoke. She chuckled, reaching up to push a couple more strands of hair from her face, the annoying ones she had known would eventually fall from her pony tail. "That certainly could be arranged." She conveniently left out how it would take hours to master, she was sure the doctor could already assume that.

As Ana had been reading through the file, she'd felt the shifting of the couch they were seated upon as the woman beside her moved, and instinctively she'd glanced up curiously, just to see what was happening. Instead, her gaze had quickly re-located to the small sliver of exposed skin that was showing in the place that Vanessa's shirt had ridden up. She had quickly looked away again to re-focus on the task at hand, but even still, she had been a bit unnerved by the way her eyes had flocked to the sight. That had never happened before, not quite like that at least.. inhaling deeply to calm her sudden inner thoughts, she'd proceeded to explain the information she'd been able to receive from the file, when all of a sudden their fingers had accidentally brushed past one another's. Again, a small jolt was sent up Ana's arm, mixing with the previous thought she'd had only seconds ago and causing a small frown to flit across her lips. Quickly she composed herself though, shaking the small haze from around her mind, as she explained the information she'd collected, allowing Vanessa to digest it before asking if she was giving what the woman had needed in the first place. She could feel her muscles relaxing a degree when she was assured that it was. "Alright, good." She said with another flicker of a smile, lowering the file back to her lap as Vanessa pulled her hair up and began to scribble down her own notes. Ana skillfully kept her eyes trained on the words in front of her, pretending she was reading some more when in fact she was just trying to work sense of what exactly had happened to her only moments before. Looking where she wasn't meant to? Actually having a reaction to a simple touch from someone? It didn't make any sense.

She hardly had time to linger over the small problems because Vanessa was speaking again, and not one to allow distractions get in the way of her work, she set her jaw in a determined line as she shut down her protesting brain in order to listen. She nodded slowly, again tilting the file toward the woman as she attempted to pronounce the medication. She glanced down quickly to see it as well, smiling in encouragement when the woman was able to read the script without her assistance. "Yes," She said so far, letting her know she had it all correct. Another nod, and another confirmation. "Yes, that's all correct as well." She followed Vanessa's gaze back to the file when the woman had looked down though, her head tilting to the side when she heard the next statement. She began to shuffle through the files again, although listening as the woman apologized for keeping her. "No need to apologize, Vanessa," She mused with a small laugh, waving her hand in the air to show it wasn't a problem. She turned a couple more pages, scanning them for the information she needed, as she glanced up once more. She was instantly distracted by the smile she was receiving, and quickly looked back down again. What in the hell was going on with her? "I was just going through some of the new patients and their medications, nothing I can't get done after this." She assured the woman quickly, her own smile still in place without her really realizing it. Finally finding the information Vanessa had requested, she again used her index finger to follow the words as she spoke. "No, she did not express any desire for that," She said with a small shake of her head, reaching up to again pull her hair from the elastic it was held in. Her long, wavy hair fell around her face and she quickly pushed some of the strands behind her ear. "That must have been a mistake on Jacobsen's part. Ms. Simmons should still probably continue her private, one-on-one therapy sessions." She said decidedly, nodding once to confirm her words before she looked back up to Vanessa with another quick smile. "Any more questions?" She asked easily, waiting to see if her help was needed in any other way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanessa McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 pm

Vanessa nodded briskly though her eyes remained soft, she understood and all that really mattered now was that they were comfortable enough around each other. Vanessa supposed the use of each others first name was a verbal indication of that, and she found that she was quite fond of it. There was no reason in her mind why she could not create friendships within her workplace, she spent a great deal of her time here anyway and she had grown very fond of a select few of her co-workers. Her tongue darted out quickly to sweep across her bottom lip, moistening it before she spoke. "Lovely, and I trust I can call you Anastasia." She teased lightly, rotating her left ankle something she often did subconciously when she was in a flirtatious and comfortable environment. Her hand rose to her earlobe and gently massaged it before giving it two short tugs, her mind was drifting and it was a technique she had picked up on her travels; different combinations of tugs and rotations supposedly affected the individual in different ways. That combination was supposed to have dragged her mind out of the gutter, but it seemed halfhearted at most. Vanessa allowed herself to look upon the nurse and accustom herself to her. She was tall, well taller than herself but was probably considered an average height. She was tan, her skin gave off a luminous glow and Vanessa found herself unexpectedly jealous. Her hair looked soft, brown and bronzes interweaved and tumbled across the woman in waves. Her eyes were the same soft brown she'd noticed when she'd entered. Her nose was straight and she had full plush lips which left Vanessa wondering if they were really as soft as they looked. She coughed, realising she'd been staring and sought to quickly rectify and cover up. She placed her fingertips to the bridge of her nose and rubbed softly, exhaling audible before letting out a smooth laugh.

It was a refreshing feeling to be laughing at work; after all it was not a place that nurtured laughter. She returned Ana's smile glad to have struck up a light and airy conversation, it would certainly make the time past faster. "I'm glad for that, it was ever so lonely." She retorted a sly smile coating her lips. She brought the pen up to her lips and tapped against the puckered flesh a couple of times before placing the nib in her mouth lightly. Anastasia's answer had caught the blonde offguard there was no doubt about that, the pen fell from her mouth as she smirked at the brunette; she wasn't sure exactly if the nurse had meant the statement to come out flirtatiously - after all sometimes the most innocent of statements could be twisted by the dirtiest of minds. Her smirk fell to a light innocent smile, but she pursed her lip smacking them softly together before answering. "Oh yes. Well your enjoyment is key to my debt being payed." Came her reply, wide-eyed and naive as if she had not realised the meaning of her words. She watched the woman bite against her lip and took a sharp intake of breath. She'd been trapped all day in this office, without the windows open and the stuffy air had gotten to her. It was a silly excuse but one she was stubborn in defending. She nodded paying particular attention to Anastasia's voice as she spoke so as to keep her head clear, "That would be good, it would put an end to my constant ringing of your department for a translator." She laughed, tapping her finger in thought against her chin. "Perhaps one evening after your shift you could teach me the art; it would definitely solve a lot of problems." She added honestly. Asking for help had never been beneath Vanessa, especially when it was for the betterment of her person and she found herself hoping the Ana would agree a lot more than she'd first thought. Though she realised it would be probably be an arduous process.

She was unsure of what had riled the woman, years in the business had taught her to be receptive and a keen eye noted the way she softly -barely even- shook her head. It was too late though, her back had been turned and she'd missed whatever had unsettled her and she was not yet accustomed to the woman enough to enquire. Instead she kept her face gentle and scribbled a few thoughts down in her notebook, her peripheral vision indicating that the woman beside her continued to sift thought the information.
She nodded pleased that even in her slightly less productive she was still able to perform to an expected standard. She watched with a keen eye as the woman flickered through document after document, scanning the information. Her head raised and she met Vanessa's gaze, pausing momentarily before looking back down through the documents again. She raised her eyebrow, running her tongue over her teeth as she pondered on the moment, but her thoughts were chased away as Ana responded. "Mmm, well still, thank you for making yourself so readily available to me." She hadn't even meant for that to sound suggestive and even she was surprised by it, though her face did not betray that. Vanessa found herself transfixed watching the woman's movements as if they were hypnotic, like the moving of a pendulum. She watched as Ana reached up and freed her hair from the confines of the elastic, and continued to look on, mesmerised as the tendrils fell in wild waves across her shoulders, sending her fiery scent towards Vanessa. She gulped, blinking strongly before responding. "Ah, that makes a great deal more sense now. I'll make adjustments to her online file. Thank you for your help Anastasia." She appraised, greatly appreciative of her help. She pondered, quickly assessing in her mind if she required anything else. She realised with a pang that when it came to Ella, she did not. It was an odd feeling, but she was enjoying the woman's company and she wasn't exactly thrilled about giving it up. She looked up at the clock surprised to see that time had passed incredibly quickly and that the sky had just began to darken.

"I don't think so."The words tumbled from her lips slightly sadder than she'd intended. "Yes. That was it for Ella... other than that I've just been trying to find a nurse who can bare to work with me. I'm piloting a new form of therapy and was looking for assistance from a nurse.." She explained, a smile flooding her face; she was passionate about her work and this new type of therapy was something she was excited to begin working on. Her attention returned to the attractive woman in front of her, and she shook her head softly, more tendrils falling from her haphazard updo. "Oh my, I'm sorry. I'm keeping you from your work." She blurted, feeling her cheeks heat. She brushed some of the loose curls from her face and forced herself to meet Ana's gaze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia Gray

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Ana had been quick to keep her eyes trained entirely on Vanessa's and not elsewhere, although it confused her thoroughly as to why her eyes would even want to roam anywhere to begin with. Not because the blonde wasn't a pretty woman - she was, very much so - but because never before had she been so acutely aware of certain things in regards to females. She knew now was not the time to think about it, not when she was meant to be working, but it was a difficult thing to simply forget about when it sprung out of no where. She shouldn't have been having these reactions at all, not by simple gestures and playful words. They were merely having a conversation, and that was all. Even still, she didn't fail to notice the tip of Vanessa's tongue as it ran over her pouty bottom lip, and Ana was extremely glad she didn't have to scold herself for something like staring. She'd managed to keep her eyes straight on Vanessa's, just as they should have been, because being distracted by such an absentminded action such as that just wasn't acceptable. She smiled softly, nodding, when it was safely assumed she was perfectly fine with the first-name basis. "Even Ana works just fine for me." She admitted with a small shrug of her shoulders, wondering if by breaking down her name even further into nicknames, if she was making it a bit too personal now. She supposed she would be soon finding out, but she couldn't help but think that Vanessa wouldn't mind. Instead of four syllables, she'd only have to speak one, a quick way to get the nurse's attention if she so chose she needed it. Although Ana knew that probably never would be a problem - judging by how she'd been acting so far in their time together, her attention seemed plenty able to stay glued on the blonde. Being quite the observant person, most things about Vanessa didn't escape past Ana's attention as she sat there. Like how soft her blonde tendrils seemed, falling around and framing her face. Her light skin, clear of any imperfection, looked soft. Her eyes, a brilliant color, were framed by thick, dark lashes, her nose a small slope that fit perfectly with the rest of her features. Her lips were perhaps the most inviting to Ana, which was extremely unsettling. But they were plump, pouty, and... what in the hell was going on. Instantly Ana was extremely aware of how her mind was formulating things, and she was shocked to realize she'd been practically checking the other woman out! She was so flustered with the sudden idea that she could immediately feel the heat rushing to her cheeks, an instance that didn't happen very often. She was glad for her darker skin tone, knowing the blush would be hard to detect because she wasn't looking straight up into Vanessa's eyes. No, not anymore. She'd returned to staring straight down at the files, willing the heat in her face to evaporate and the thoughts in her head to scatter so that she could better focus on the task at hand. She had enough to worry about as it was! If she hadn't been so wrapped up in her own little relevation, she probably would have noticed that she, too, had been getting stared at. Things like that usually didn't escape past her, but this time, it did.

The two had gone back to their quiet joking, and Ana had been extremely relieved for the distraction. Anything to get the gears in her mind to stop churning with the unbelievably mortifying thoughts. "You, lonely?" She charmed with another light laugh, her eyes twinkling in amusement, again unaware of how her words could be taken. "Good thing I've come to your rescue then, right?" Letting her eyes linger on Vanessa for just a bit longer, she'd gone back to focusing on the pile of papers in her lap. Not for long though, because she was quick to notice the reaction her words had brought from the blonde's side, and instantly she was very aware of how her tone could have been misinterpreted. Instead of again blushing and apologizing profusely, insisting that hadn't been the way she'd meant it, she surprisingly kept her mouth shut, interested in the response she would receive. It only made her brain scream out at her in frustration but she was quick to ignore it, because what was the fun in listening to it's quizzical pleas? Her eyes drank in the innocent smile playing on Vanessa's lips, but Ana couldn't help but feel as if the words were anything but that as they danced into her ears. She did her best to keep her expression clear of anything that might have indicated their sudden dance of words and their meanings were perfectly clear to her. As far as she was concerned, they were just two colleauges, enjoying small talk while getting the necessary work that was needed done. "Of course it is," She played along, deciding not to fuel the fire even more with yet another comment with a possibly hidden double meeting. "And enjoy it I will." Okay, so maybe that didn't help what she'd been trying to do, but she let it slide. Another couple minutes of working, before more small talk had surfaced. It was fine by her of course, it was much better this way than to sit in an awkwardly tense silence, which she'd been a part of before. It was not fun by any means, and it had only made her want to rush through her work so that she could book it out of there as quick as possible. It wasn't that way at all with Vanessa though. She found herself liking the conversation and the way it so easily flowed, much better than working down in her department all on her own like she usually did. She didn't mind the independency, it was what her job title called for, but it was nice to have someone to speak with at the same time. "It would," She agreed with a small nod, but she gave the woman a reassuring smile. "I really don't mind helping out though." And that was the truth. Not even just because of the sudden internal battle that had sparked while she'd been in there, but because she was the type of person who genuinely enjoyed helping out anyone she possibly could. At the suggestion of working through it after one of her shifts, she smiled. "Sure, that'd be great. Just pick a day and I'll let you know if I'm open?" She suggested, suddenly trying to smoosh the oddly thrilled feeling she felt in the pit of her stomach at the idea of doing something not work related with Vanessa. This was simply insane..

Ana had proceeded to finish up what she'd needed to, providing Vanessa with the information she'd requested. She'd gone ahead and closed the folder, offering it back to Vanessa for safe-keeping. The next words she heard left her blinking a couple of times, unsure of how to reply. And just as she'd both expected - and dreaded - her cheeks once more felt strangely warm. Why?! It wasn't like Vanessa had said anything out of the ordinary! Just a simple comment, that was all it was, and there she was idiotically having a reaction like that! It was embarrassing. She inhaled deeply, running her slender fingers through her long hair in an effort to distract herself. She could just blame it on the heat and say she was just feeling warm. Yeah, that seemed like a plausible response and reason for her pinkened cheeks. "Anytime." Came her measured reply, doing her best to keep her features blush-free with a smile to match. For some reason, she wasn't exactly aware of the effect she seemingly was having on Vanessa. Just as she hoped the woman wasn't aware of how strangely she'd been acting, and how different it was from when she'd first stepped into her office. She nodded quietly when she was again thanked, picking the laptop up off of her lap and hugging it absently to her chest. "You're welcome, Vanessa. Glad I could be of assistance." She said genuinely. As she waited to see if there was anything else she could help Vanessa with, she glanced toward the nearby window and was surprised to see that the sky had darkened considerably since she'd made her way over to the office. Had time gone by that quickly? She still had her own work to do before she was able to go home! Although what she had to finish wouldn't take long at all, twenty minutes at the most. Her attention drifted back to the woman as she spoke, her tone sounding oddly saddened, though Ana couldn't exactly figure out why. She knew she was strangely a bit disappointed that her work there seemed to be done, though she did have the reminder that she might have gotten the chance to speak to the woman again if they really did go through with their entire "lesson" of how to read Jacobsen's writing. What an odd thing to bond over, but she realized she was almost glad for the messy chicken-scratch. Sure, it had only brought her misery, up until this moment, and it would continue to. But at least now some good seemed to have come from it. Vanessa's words caught her attention though, and interest flickered into her eyes. "Oh?" She asked, shifting her position a bit so her body was angled slightly more toward Vanessa. "It seems like I'm perfectly alright when it comes to working with you.." She mused, almost excited she had more of a reason to linger and speak to the blonde. "What's it about?" Her eyes settled on Vanessa's face expectantly, watching the way a couple tendrils of hair spilled into her face. Focus. She was a bit confused when Vanessa apologized, and even more so when she noticed the color that decided to appear in her cheeks. Why was she blushing? It wasn't that big of a deal. Again licking her lower lip, she only smiled lightly. "It's fine, I have plenty of time to finish it." She said with a small shrug. As true as that was though, she would have to be going within the next five minutes. After she figured out what it was Vanessa had been talking about only moments before, she decided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanessa McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:31 am

The flush of her cheeks had all but dissapeared and Vanessa found that she was incredibly grateful for that. She wondered briefly if she'd perhaps been a bit forward with her comments as she couldn't fail to notice how Ana's eyes fixed with her own and a little of the lightness from their conversation evaporated; though it quickly returned as Anastasia offered up a shortening of her name. She returned the smile her fingers trailing patterns over the surface of her notepad. "Ana." She smiled, trying the words out in her mouth. She nodded, it was certainly less of a mouthful and the abbreviation slid fluidly off her tongue, the barest afternote of her Welsh accent dancing in the silence; but she did like the woman's full name. It suited her well. "Nessa." She added a smile tugging at her lips. "You can call me Nessa." She offered, holding her name up for acceptance. It was odd how intimate it felt to be sharing such simplicities but she couldn't deny that something more hung above the two. She sighed softly as the woman's gaze fell back to her files, and a little annoyance sunk into the petite woman's frame. Was she even aware of the effect she was having on her? Was it just choice words and misconstrued moments? Maybe the woman was straight and had no clue at all what was flittering through Vanessa's mind. It was usually such an easy thing to tell, but Vanessa's mind was frazzled and she daren't of asked for fear of causing the woman great offence. She grazed her teeth against her bottom lip in thought and then exhaled. Overthinking things was a great problem of hers, and the silence was nurturing that. She needed words and movement to distract her.

There it was again, the words that could be taken either way. In any other environment, with anyone else Vanessa would have asked, or made a move but here and now she was a professional and she couldn't afford to indulge here. She raised her fingertips to her earlobes and sharply tugged four times. Come on McAdams, get your head in the game. "Oh absolutely; another thing I'll have to repay you for." Damn it. Her smile remained light still and she wondered briefly if Ana was even aware of the double meanings in their back and forth banter. If she did she was remarkably talented at disguising it. She smirked at the nonchalance of Ana's comment and let the words breeze over her; and as usual she brought it back home with another of her artful responses. "Of course. I'll see to that." She smiled, nodding at the woman. Ok so that comment was not at all disguised but she was interested to find out how far she could take it. Vanessa smiled, her arm brushing lightly against Ana's. It was late, there wasn't a great deal of time left before they both clocked off for the evening and she was both relieved and unhappy about that. Once Vanessa was out of the office she'd be able to think more clearly, re-evaluate the conversation. It was so much easier to do that when she wasn't in the moment. Since her return to Schilling Lane she'd not had a real chance to speak to her co-workers, she'd been far to preoccupied with fixing Jacobsen's mistakes and catching up with her work. It seemed that now she was seeking a distraction from her work... in her workplace. She groaned quietly, and dropped her head.

Open? Vanessa gulped. Why would anyone use that word, surely free would suffice better. Now all she could think about was... She let a shaky breath out through her gritted teeth and forced a smile to her face. "I'm available every evening this week." She explained, her mind still ticking over Ana's choice of words. "I kept myself free this week on the odd chance my caseload had exploded in my absence, but it wasn't as bad as I expected... let me know what day you're... open." Vanessa soothed, pulling the pen from her hair, smoothing down the silky tresses. It was a habit she picked up that geared her for work. When her hair was up she was supposedly working hard; but whatever the two women had been doing was coming to an end and whilst that was dissapointing, she found that the idea of a late night study session with the young nurse was enough to quell her dissapointment.
"Thank you Ana." She said, accepting the file, placing it on the small coffee table nearby. It seemed any excuse to say the tan woman's name was snatched up. She smirked a little, sure Anastasia's cheeks seemed a darker tint than before, though it was mostly difficult to see with the rich, luminous glow of her skin. Maybe wishful thinking. She nodded, ruffling her hair again before placing the notepad with the manila file. Now it came to the goodbye. How exactly was she going to handle this? Would they shake hands? Hug? Or maybe just smile and wave? She pursed her lips deciding she'd leave that to the younger woman, she'd been quite forward enough already and she didn't want a sexual harrasment case looming over her.

She laughed as the words fell from Ana's mouth and covered her mouth bashfully, offering a sheepish smile. "Sorry. No, I'd say you were just perfect for me." Came Vanessa's reply. Her eyes were dancing mischeiviously as she scooted a fraction closer to the brunette. "Well it was what I was working on with Professor Saitou while I was away in Japan." She began, her arms moving a little more expressively - as was usual when she began talking about her work. "It's a relation to reality therapy, it taps into the perception of the patient and seeks to unlock doors shut in the subconcious - of course depending on the diagnosis of each individual their will be varying degrees - but in it's most basic form it allows for a complete rewriting of that. Pilot studies in Japan have shown an 67% success rate." Vanessa explained, her passion barely disguised at all. "It is less to do with meditation and more about repition, you offer up the same scenario, the same setting repeatedly, ask the same... I'm sorry, I waffle alot." She apologised, looking down slightly embarassed. "The role should you want to undertake it would mean we would be working closely together for roughly 9 weeks. I'd require you to fulfill your normal duties, but in essence you would also be co-leading sessions." She watched the woman for any indication that she was interested, it would be a lengthy process but the opportunity was one she hoped the nurse would take; though she wasn't sure if that was simply because she knew her to be good at her job, or if it was a little something more. "You don't have to make a decision right now. Take some time to think about it and, yeah... let me know." She smiled, standing up and stretching her arms above her head, releasing a little yawn as obliviously, her top rode up again for the second time. "I truly am sorry for keeping you so long, Ana. I don't know where the time went." She laughed. She'd probably half bored her to death. Her eyes held onto the woman's gaze and she smiled, jutting her hip out and placing a hand against it as she not so subtly skimmed the sitting woman. "I suppose I can let you go now." She smirked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia Gray

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:13 pm

The last thing Ana wanted was for their light and pleasant conversation to somehow take a turn for the worse, but it almost seemed in danger of doing just that when the flow of words had ceased, leaving a funny emotion that she couldn't quite decipher twisted into the atmosphere. She was more than relieved when it seemed to have been chased away by her offering the shortened version of her name though. She was instantly confused by the way her body reacted against the simple repeating of her name; but the single syllable sounded so different coming from the soft-looking lips of the doctor seated before her. Instantly she wanted to blush when she realized the way she was thinking, but with a quick inhale she managed to subdue the reaction. This was completely crazy, but she didn't have even a single explanation for how she was feeling and why. It was unnerving, and it was bothering her, but what could she do? She had to deal with it, and dealing with it she was. Or well, she was trying to. It was difficult, trying to focus on work entirely when her mind seemed all too willing to be in other places. She couldn't have been more happier of the fact that no one else could read into her deepest thoughts. Otherwise, she'd probably have quite the awkward situation on her hands. She blinked only once when the woman offered her own nickname in return, and she didn't say anything for a couple of moments. The woman repeated what she'd just said, a bit more clearer this time, and a small smile flitted across Ana's lips. "Nessa," She repeated as she tested the name out, aware that she was doing the same exact thing Vanessa just had. "Will do." Came her soft response moments later. If that was what the woman wanted to be called, that was what she'd go by. It felt odd, having been using full names only moments before, to now going by nicknames entirely. But she wasn't uncomfortable with it, although what she was, she hadn't yet decided. And probably wouldn't decide until much later into the night when she was no longer being distracted by both her thoughts, and the woman seated opposite of her.

She'd been almost lazily focusing on her filing when the silence between the two again returned, and so she kept missing the seemingly obvious nervous habit Nessa had. The way she pulled on her earlobes, Ana had yet to pay attention to the gesture. Otherwise, she might have even went as far as to ask what it meant, and why the Doctor happened to be doing it quite so frequently. Even if wasn't any of her business, and even if it was entirely out of context to even ask. But if she thought about it, none of the conversation they'd been exchanging so far was exactly called for. Not that Ana was bothered by it, but she knew they were acting just a bit too comfortable around one another when they were supposed to be acting professional and formal. Personally, Ana rather enjoyed the way she was acting with Nessa much better, but she knew that wasn't how it was with the majority of the rest of the hospital staff. To her, there was nothing wrong with what they were doing, and that was why she was continuing the banter rather than putting a stop to it entirely. Where would have been the fun in that? It wasn't like she was mixing business with pleasure or anything. Or was she, with the way her body (and mind) seemed to be revolting? She refused to even think about it. "Luck must be on my side then, seeing as these repayments must mean I'll get to see more of you?" She had absolutely little to no idea where that comment came from, practically out of no where, because almost instantly she was mortified. Had she really just said that? Was she sitting here, flirting with one of her co-workers? That was a woman, no less? A very beautiful woman. Her mind seemed intent on reminding her, but she ignored it. She was torn between just letting the comment linger between the two just to see what would happen, and profusely apologizing for such an openly blunt remark. Finally, she just held her breath while glancing back down, willing the embarrassment to evaporate from her features. Instead of making the predicament even worse for herself, when it came time to reply to Nessa's next comment, she only offered a quick upturn of her lips before remarking, "Just what I like to hear." Alright, so it wasn't exactly helping her case tremendously but it was better than the previous comment. That one had been so suggestive she couldn't help but be insanely aware of it!

Another breath to keep herself calm, when on the inside she was slowly but surely beginning to freak out. How could she call herself professional, when she was sitting there making all of these sorts of comments to the doctor? Of course, she was getting them back, but that didn't mean anything! Now Nessa was probably formulating an opinion about her that wasn't true, not that she'd ever previously cared. But now, suddenly, after a little less than an hour together, she did? How did that even make any sense? Her brain was surely going to explode by the end of this small meeting. She could just feel it, the steady throb already beginning to drum in her right temple. She was, once again, completely unaware of the battle Nessa was having with herself. Even though it was ever so slowly becoming evident on the blonde's features, which Ana was skillfully doing her best to avoid looking at twenty four seven. Otherwise she'd end up staring, or thinking about other things she shouldn't be thinking about, when she really needed to be focusing on the task at hand and resolving the patient's medication problems. "Every evening? Hm, alright.." She mused, still completely and innocently unaware of her particular choice of words and how they'd lodged themselves in Nessa's mind. Her head was bobbing up and down, an absent motion, as she tried to figure out a day she could meet up with the blonde. The sooner, the better. Oh, be quiet, mind. The internal battle might have been comical to some, but it was just frustrating Ana. Finally, upon Nessa's particular choice to linger on the word open, did she feel one of her eyebrows arching. It took her only a matter of moments to realize what she'd said, and how it might have been misinterpreted. "Oh!" She began, but quickly re-thought her choice of correcting herself. She'd rather not look more like an idiot. So, she merely cleared her throat in an effort to pull herself together. "How about this Friday, then?" She said this as casually as possible, although inside her heart was lifting at the idea of actual plans being made. Now they just needed to be confirmed...

Part of her thought she was being mocked when Vanessa laughed at her bold comment, but the woman was soon bashfully covering her mouth and apologizing, which made her relax noticeably. As soon as Nessa began speaking again, Ana couldn't help but notice the choice of her words. I'd say you were just perfect for me. She couldn't help it; her cheeks immediately heated up again, leaving her blushing like a school girl. That wasn't what Vanessa had meant! She knew it, and yet she was still having this severe reaction, why? She was talking about work! Work work work, and NOTHING MORE! In an effort to hide her sudden reaction, she quickly glanced down and casually raked her slender fingers through her long hair as a distraction. Oh my god, this was terrible. The next moment she looked up, she noticed the mischievous look, and oh.. had Vanessa moved closer? Impossible, she was just seeing things. She focused entirely on listening to what was being explained to her and refused to let her mind wander in the direction of anything else - such as the way Vanessa's lips moved when she formed particular words, and the stray tendril that was tickling the curve of her neck, and she couldn't forget the obvious passion in the words she was speaking. As she finally became more and more engrossed in what was being said and nothing else, her head inclined ever so slightly to the side. Her eyebrows were pulled somewhat together, and her expression was focused. It was really interesting, what Vanessa was talking about. "Impressive." She breathed when Nessa mentioned the success rate. She only smiled when the woman apologized, her non-verbal reply in encouraging her to continue. Working closely together for roughly 9 weeks. Over two months. That was a long time, and a very large commitment, but somehow she found she didn't care. She was immediately, very immensely interested in the position. Whether it was for the right reasons, she was yet to know.

She was all about ready to say she would do it when Vanessa pointed out that she didn't need an answer right away- which now that Ana thought about it, was probably a good thing. As much as she wanted to jump at the chance, she knew she ought to at least thing it true. Too much spontaneous behavior wasn't always a good thing. "Sounds extremely interesting.. I'll definitely consider it and have an answer to you soon." She promised passively with a nod. As the woman stood up, Ana was sure to keep her own gaze trained on the floor so she wouldn't catch a glimpse of anything that might make her mind go haywire once more. She also stood up, mimicking the doctor's actions to stretch. She was hardly aware of the way her own shirt decided to ride up, until she felt the sudden cool breeze and hastily situated it so it was back covering up the tanned flesh of her stomach. "Your apology isn't needed, Nessa." She said casually, a small smile lingering on her lips as she encouraged her dark eyes to meet the woman's lighter ones. "I don't know, either. We must have been having fun." She commented wryly, and in any other situation her words would have been accompanied by a wink or something of the sorts. But she did nothing, refusing to encourage anything else to further confuse herself. She felt herself being observed, and automatically stood up a bit taller, determined to meet up to whatever standards Nessa might have had at the moment. "Oh, thank you so much for your permission to continue on my way." She shot back, but the devious flicker in her eyes and the smirk on her lips made it obvious she was joking around. "I'll be sure to be in touch with you soon." She added as she lazily strolled toward the door. "Have a good rest of the night, Nessa." She said, giving a small, casual wave before opening the door and slipping out, laptop tucked beneath one of her arms. Instantly, her calm demeanor fell, and she inhaled shakily. What. The. Hell. Hurrying back toward her domain in order to finish her work, she could only shake her head in complete and utter bafflement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanessa McAdams

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm

It was with a solemn thought that Vanessa reflected on; the idea that all good things came to and end. She brushed a lazy hand through her hair and debated slipping out of her heels, for some odd reasons her limbs felt heavier than ever; and she realised with a surprise that she had been quiet for longer than she had realised. She choked back a laugh and smirked. "I had hoped that might be the case." Came her fluid response, her mouth was making decision without her consent and it was going to cause so many problems. She groaned softly and shook her head, her hair whipping wildly though the air before falling to a short bounce. She'd never been so tightly wound around a woman before, she was noticing so many innapropriate things about her colleague; things that she never even touched on with others. Vanessa still couldn't shake the image of Ana biting down on her lip.. her mind was far to concerned with imagining Ana biting down on her own lips, or other more graphic scenarios. She swayed slightly in her heels, but regained her balance within seconds. Yes, she definitely needed some air, and a glass of tea. Tea as her Mother had taught her, could fix most things.

Vanessa tightened her hands into little balls. She was sure it was now time to clock off and her brain was telling her that work was over and that now she could have fun. How far away from the truth was that. She smiled softly at the brunette and picked up her laptop, handing it carefully to her making sure their fingers did not brush against each other. Vanessa was sure the contact between the two would result in something she was sure Anastasia would not appreciate. Or maybe she would, but she was too wired to tell. Vanessa could of cried, she hated feeling so powerless, what had started off as a colleague helping her had resulted in... Well she couldn't exactly say what it was, but it had her in constant state of flux; that wasn't altogether unpleasant or pleasant.

Another shaky breath to steady her was needed and for a short while it's effects were granted to the blonde. She nodded an affirmative. "Every evening." She parroted, "So you know where I am in case you need to find me." She added, again her tongue digging her into deeper holes. The pain in her foot was now beginning to spread, but part of her was sure that it was nothing more than her mind playing tricks on her. She needed to step outside of the hospital so she could truly begin to dissect it all. She wondered briefly if Anastasia was experiencing the same thing. She looked back up at her and regretted it immediately, there was just so much of her to take in at once and she didn't want to be caught staring. She jumped slightly at Ana's exclamation, but relaxed visibly when she amended it, and Vanessa found herself struggling to conceal her laughter. "Friday? Friday is good." She confirmed, immediately and almost without consent deciding to wear something particularly ravishing. Her mouth fell open at the thought, but she quickly covered, shuting her mouth quickly with an audible snap.
The look on Ana's face told her she'd noticed somewhat that she'd moved closer, but she said nothing and Vanessa felt a flood of relief drench her. At least she wasn't demanding she moved back; though whatever was running through her mind was a wonder to her. She watched her as she spoke, the way her tongue flicked as she enunciated, and the curve of her lip and the slender movement of her arms. She rolled her shoulder softly simply for the movement and dragged her mind back into the conversation before Anastasia realised she hadn't much been listening. Staring was another thing altogether.

"I'm glad you think so. I'd love to have you working with me so yes... let me know." She beamed, watching as Ana stood up, and raised her hands above her head in the same way Vanessa had. Her eyes flew immediately to the delicious expanse of skin at her navel and though it was only visible for a few seconds, Vanessa felt as if she knew it like the back of her hand. She flushed immediately and turned her head away. "Ah yes, fun" Her emphasis on the word fun had not been intentional but she couldn't deny that it had been exactly that. Fun. As well as confusing and enlightening and many other adjectives. She chuckled heartily as Anastasia's sarcastic remark. "Well, you know Ana, you have my permission always." She muttered silkily, though so quiet she was unsure if Ana would have heard it. "I look forward to hearing from you... and seeing you." She smiled, following her to the door and watching her leave, offering a friendly wave as she left[color=olive]"Goodbye, Ana."[/color She called before shutting the door as soon as Anastasia rounded the corner and fell back against it; hitting her head repeatedly against the wooden frame. What. On. Earth. Was. That? She groaned, stalking across to her desk and quickly sorting her things out, before snatching up hr jacket and slotting the notes she needed to take home in her bag. She needed to get out and think things over; and that was precisely what she did. Flying out of her office and down the stairs quickly desperate for a blast of cold, fresh air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chart Connections   

Back to top Go down

Chart Connections
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1